The purpose of the Arizona Highways social media platforms is to promote travel in Arizona by showcasing the people, places and things that make it special. In this process, we welcome commentary that is on topic and respectful — dialogue that fosters an environment in which all followers feel comfortable and safe engaging with our content. Although we encourage debate and thoughtful discussion, we ask that you refrain from using profanity, hate speech or other language that discriminates against others. Arizona Highways reserves the right to remove comments that:
- Contain obscene language or sexual content
- Promote commercial services or products
- Promote illegal activity
- Contain language threatening or defaming any person, organization, ethnic group or religious group
- Support or oppose political candidates, political parties or ballot propositions
- Promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination or harassment based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, religion, national origin, disability or age
- Contain spam, malware or links to other sites
- Digress from the topic being discussed
- Infringe on copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property
- Constitute or include an inappropriate and/or unauthorized disclosure of personal/private information about any individual
- Contain information that could reasonably compromise public safety
Comments violating this policy will be removed, and users who post such comments may be banned or restricted from posting further. All comments on the Arizona Highways social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube, will be moderated in accordance with this policy.
Comments posted to the Arizona Highways social media platforms represent the opinions of the individuals providing the comments and not the views, positions or policies of Arizona Highways, the Arizona Department of Transportation, the state of Arizona or their officials or employees.